My Blog List

The first step in ending domestic violence is understanding our own personal history, taking responsiblity for our part in it, making a conscious decision to create change within ourselves. With knowledge there is healing, compassion and forgiveness, and above all the chance to break the circle of pain, allowing our children the joy and freedom of a violent free life.

Searching for Angela Shelton




Friday, December 4, 2009


I know that it has been several months since I have posted...I needed this time to decompress, so I could step back and process all that I experienced throughout the entire journey. When I came home I felt useless, I felt that I needed to still be out there speaking and finding my way into more Juvenile Halls and Domestic Violence Shelters. And then I realized if I can't be out there all the time I need to do what I need to do right here at home, so I am in the licencing process of becoming a foster parent. In the meantime I am helping a young woman in the Transitional program, during the holidays. There is so much that needs to be done, and I have to remember it's one step at a time, and if I can keep that prospective I will be able to make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Day

Followers