My Blog List

The first step in ending domestic violence is understanding our own personal history, taking responsiblity for our part in it, making a conscious decision to create change within ourselves. With knowledge there is healing, compassion and forgiveness, and above all the chance to break the circle of pain, allowing our children the joy and freedom of a violent free life.

Searching for Angela Shelton




Monday, October 5, 2009

October 5th 2009 Monday Night 8:21pm

I am alone in my hotel room in Ogden Utah. Packing things up and getting ready to fly out of Salt Lake to Oakland tomorrow morning. Couldn't sleep last night kept tossing and turning and dreaming about all the things that need to be implemented out there in the world to keep families from crumbling and breaking literally apart.

Beth is on her way to Taos, so this time alone is my decompression, I have seen and felt so much over the past 20 days that it is hard to know where to collectively begin. When I stand before all these women and men, I just let the story commence, I tell my story and then I tell Bill's story, because with out his story, he is instantly despised, the bad guy, and there is so much more to all of this beyond the abuse that I sustained. There is the abuse that was rocketed into his psyche from the moment he could comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Day

Followers